In town for the holidays and want some good eats? You should check out Caulfield’s and Rustic Canyon: both places have some holiday programs that cover Christmas specials and New Year’s happenings. Get more information after the jump!
Caulfield’s Bar and Dining Room
On the heels of welcoming new star chef Stephen Kalt, rolling out all-new menus, and undergoing an interior redesign, the new and improved Caulfield’s Bar and Dining Room is continuing the excitement with the introduction of weekend brunch (starting New Year’s Day), and Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve specials. Details are below.
Christmas Eve – Monday, December 24
· Regular dining menu + Christmas Eve Specials, including White Asparagus Bisque and Lobster Dumpling ($15) and Roasted Prime Rib of Beef with Yorkshire pudding and whipped potatoes ($42) · Complimentary Christmas libation from the bar team and holiday sweets by Pastry Chef Kriss Harvey · Seating hours: 5-10 p.m.; restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch · Call for reservations: 310.388.6860
New Year’s Eve – Monday, December 31
· Three course, prix fixe menu for $105 (exclusive of tax and gratuity) · Highlights include Black Truffle Sicilian Arancine, Hard Shell Maine Lobster, and Filet Mignon with Lobster Gnocchi · Continue the celebration at Thompson’s rooftop bar with a premium open bar, tray passed mini desserts, and panoramic view of the city ($100 for diners, $150 regular admission) · Complimentary glass of welcome champagne · Seating hours: 5-10 p.m. · Call for reservations: 310.388.6860
New Year’s Day Brunch – continuing every Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
· A la carte brunch launches Tuesday, January 1 · Highlights include Grilled Breakfast Pizzettes with Smithfield ham and fried eggs ($17) and Breakfast Risotto with hazelnuts, eggs yolk, and wild mushrooms ($17) · Specialty cocktails, including the Palermo (Brandy & Benedictine, Crème de Violette, Aperol, finished with Sparkling Wine) · Call for reservations: 310.388.6860
Rustic Canyon and Milo & Olive
For diners looking to spend New Year’s Eve on the Westside, Rustic Canyon offers a special NYE small plates sharing menu, while sister restaurant Milo & Olive keeps it casual with a reservation-free celebration night. Details are below.
**To thank their hardworking staff, Rustic Canyon, Huckleberry, and Milo & Olive will be closed the first week of January for a holiday break**
NYE Dinner at Rustic Canyon
· Small plates sharing menu, with guests’ choice of 8 dishes from the market-driven holiday menu ($85/pp) · Wine pairings available for additional $45 · Highlights include Persimmons & Burrata, Roasted Quail, and Oysters on the Half Shell · Call for reservations: 310.393.7050
NYE Dinner at Milo & Olive
· A la carte menu by Chef Jason Mattick · Serving Milo & Olive signatures, alongside special additions including oysters, winter truffles, and select roasted meats · Extended hours until 12 a.m.