It’s that time of the month: time for another L.A.S. / Los Angeles Stories! For the month of April, we’ve teamed up with the Month Of Photography Los Angeles and the American Society Of Media Photographers to do an all photo based storytelling session. We’re featuring all photographers storytellers (Save for the host/me.) and will certainly have some fun things to share. If you’d like to come tonight, there are few things to know: catch them below!
In addition to things from the RSVP, here are some general items to know…
• Doors open at 7PM and the show will start at 8PM. We’ll be in the Sidebar which you can access by entering the secret bookcase door at the end of the bar. See that photo below? That’s what the bookcase door looks like. When you walk into Bar Covell, walk to the end of the bar and turn left: the bookcase door is there. If you can’t find it, ask a bartender how to get into Sidebar: they will direct you there.
• Be early! This event is first-come, first-served and lots of you guys RSVP’d. We do have a cap at fifty people but, as we’ve experienced, we should be just fine.
• Bar Covell has food!! Yes, you can have your dinner here. If you are planning on doing that, try to get a table early or hang by the bar. They have lots of great food: check their menu here.
• Get ready to drink! We’re supporting the space and will have a private bartender serving nice beer and wine. And, FYI, the venue is technically Sidebar at Covell which you can totally rent out for an event *you* are doing.
• If you RSVP’d and can’t make it, don’t sweat it. Totally happens!
• The show will run from 8PM-ish to 9:30PM-ish. We’ll be hanging before and after and during, though. Hurray!
How do you get to Covell? What’s the parking situation? Hold on! We got you covered.
• Covell has valet! How great.
• There is also street parking—but know that the area can be tricky.
• If headed from the West/North/South, take the 101 to Hollywood, head East on Hollywood, and it’s right after Vermont on Hollywood. If headed from the East (and North), take the 5 to the Los Feliz exit, go South on Vermont, and take a left on Hollywood at Vermont.
• You can take the Metro Red Line to Vermont and Sunset. Walk North two blocks to Hollywood, turn right/East, and Covell is across from Wacko’s.
• If coming by bus, you can get to Covell by taking the 2/302, 175, 180/181, 206, 780, or DASH Los Feliz and walking to Covell.
• Also, FYI: we got our chairs from Irene at My Fiesta Supplies and they are bomb. Affordable and super, super sweet.
• Covell is also located at 4628 Hollywood Blvd in Los Feliz, too.
Can’t make it tonight? No worries! We’ll have a podcast of the event up next week. Moreover, the next L.A.S. is on May 22. We’re still working on the details on that now but we should be announcing the festivities soon. See you all tonight!