You guys: tonight is L.A.S.! We’ve been pushing it all month because we want to see more of you guys there: we’re doing all these storytelling events for you guys. They’re intended for you to meet new people and hang out: please come! Anyway, how do you do it? Check it out below. The theme this month is also Gay in advance of next month’s Gay Pride month. Doesn’t mean you have to be gay to attend, though!
In addition to this, know these things…
• Doors open at 7PM and the show will start at 8PM. We’ll be in the Sidebar which you can access by entering the secret bookcase door at the end of the bar. See that photo below? That’s what the bookcase door looks like. When you walk into Bar Covell, walk to the end of the bar and turn left: the bookcase door is there. If you can’t find it, ask a bartender how to get into Sidebar: they will direct you there.
• Bar Covell has food!! Yes, you can have your dinner here. If you are planning on doing that, try to get a table early or hang by the bar. They have lots of great food: check their menu here.
• They also have wine and beer! A great selection too.
• WE HAVE A DRINK MINIMUM SO IMBIBE OVER IN SIDEBAR. We’re supporting the space and have a private bartender serving nice beer and wine: come over and drink in that space because I don’t want to pay a few hundred dollars to compensate for us not reaching the minimum.
• And, FYI, the venue is technically Sidebar at Covell which you can totally rent out for an event *you* are doing.
• The show will run from 8PM-ish to 9:30PM-ish. We’ll be hanging before and after and during, though. Hurray!
How do you get to Covell? What’s the parking situation? Hold on! We got you covered.
• Covell has valet! How great.
• There is also street parking—but know that the area can be tricky.
• If headed from the West/North/South, take the 101 to Hollywood, head East on Hollywood, and it’s right after Vermont on Hollywood. If headed from the East (and North), take the 5 to the Los Feliz exit, go South on Vermont, and take a left on Hollywood at Vermont.
• You can take the Metro Red Line to Vermont and Sunset. Walk North two blocks to Hollywood, turn right/East, and Covell is across from Wacko’s.
• If coming by bus, you can get to Covell by taking the 2/302, 175, 180/181, 206, 780, or DASH Los Feliz and walking to Covell.
• Also, FYI: we got our chairs from Irene at My Fiesta Supplies and they are bomb. Affordable and super, super sweet.
• Covell is also located at 4628 Hollywood Blvd in Los Feliz, too.
Sweeeeeet: We’re stoked! Will be a nice little show and they are always fun. If interested but can’t make it, two things: first, the next event is June 26; second, tomorrow we’re having a party at Maker City LA. We want to see you!